Thursday, March 12, 2009

#2 - Visit Every Ocean

I have lived in the center of the United States for the majority of my life. Growing up, our family vacations were pretty low-key. We visited family in the midwest or Texas and occasionally we would spend an exciting, fun-filled week in Branson, weaving baskets at Silver Dollar City and going to shows where guys performed on rhinestone studded grand pianos. It was never my parents' style to go to the beach or on cruises. The only time my family went to the beach was when we were visiting family in Houston. I was in the 3rd grade and I was given the choice of going to my cousin's swim meet or going with the rest of the family to Galveston. I picked the former. What was I thinking? A swim meet?! Galveston is definitely D List when it comes to beaches, but compared to a children's swim meet, it jumps to Brad Pitt status.

After graduating from high school, I have been to a few beaches. Galveston for one Spring Break in college, saw the Pacific when visiting family in San Francisco, the North Sea in 2005, and Santa Monica last year. 


Santa Monica, 2008

Now that I have the Pacific under my belt, I just need the other 4. 

No comments: