Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
I opened my mailbox this morning to find this:
I don't know what kind of nasty bugs these were, but I definitely squirmed. A lot.
And this is coming from the girl who ate a live cricket in college (on a video scavenger hunt).
I cleaned it all out after my work appointment, and I still randomly get the feeling that little bugs are crawling on my skin.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I fixed this ultra-easy and delish pasta dish the other day and thought I'd share it...
Total cook/prep time took about 20 minutes.
Mozzarella (I used little Mozzarella Perlinis)
Pasta (I used Campanelle)
1. Start boiling a pot of (heavily salted) water for the pasta.
2. While the water is coming to a boil, turn on broiler. Slice tomatoes and place on baking sheet. Drizzle tomatoes with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dried basil. Place baking sheet under broiler.
3. When water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook til al dente.
4. The tomatoes should be done the same time the pasta is.
5. Drain pasta and toss in bowl with tomatoes and mozzarella.
I paired the pasta with some Ciabatta bread that was drizzled with olive oil and toasted in the oven. SO good!
Monday, September 7, 2009
I haven't been to a football game at my high school since graduating in 2002. A few of us decided to go to the big Mustang/Yukon game to support Kristi's boyfriend, who coaches for Yukon. This meant sitting on the Yukon side and getting hassled every time I cheered for Mustang. Being surrounded by teenagers, listening to things they were saying, and seeing how they acted definitely reminded me how much I do not miss that part of my life. I'd take paying bills and responsibility over all that drama any day!
The Little Black Book of Style - Fast read, helpful hints, adorable illustrations. I'd recommend this book to any woman out there interested in style, fashion clothes, etc.
WhoWhatWear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life - I got bored with this book really fast. Save your money and just stick to the website - It's basically the same content.