Wednesday, October 22, 2008

#8 - Wear a miniskirt/dress & feel fabulous in it!

          Like most women, there are things about my body that I am not fond of. I wouldn't call myself "fat", but my body type would definitely fall into the "curvy" category. My weight has always been an issue with me. I've been on countless fad diets: The Cabbage Soup Diet, Boiled Egg Diet, South Beach, Atkins. Open up my medicine drawer and there are almost-full bottles of diet pills, purchased in the hopes of a quick fix, but cast away after 2 or 3 days of using them. I could never get used to the jittery feeling or the guilt of taking the easy way out rather than doing what I knew would work: cutting back calories and exercise. 
         But here's the thing that frustrates me - I eat healthy. My meals consist of steamed veggies, grilled chicken or fish, and salads. I don't drink soft drinks - only 2% milk and water. I don't snack on junk food and never really have. I have had these eating habits my whole life and I don't see how I can eat less calories without just living on celery and water. 
         I have a pretty active job - I'm not sitting at a desk all day - so when I come home from working all day, the last thing I want to do is go work out. Plus I have a hard time motivating myself when I work out alone. In college it was easy to work out, there was a gym on campus and there was always someone around that would want to work out together. Now that I live with 2 roommate with different work schedules, it's harder to coordinate work outs. 
  I love fashion and shopping, but I am fed up with not being able to feel comfortable or look good in certain clothes. My legs are my biggest problem area and although I made a personal breakthrough this summer by wearing shorts in public (and not just around the house), I am still not to the point where I am willing to wear super cute short dresses and skirts. I am ready for a change.         
         I'm crossing my fingers... with this gym membership I just got, who knows, by Spring I might be posting a pic of me in a new mini dress... 

         

No comments: