Saturday, October 18, 2008

#27 - Take a Picture a Day for 1 year.

Sad Day/Happy Day all rolled in one.

#27 on the List was to take one picture every day for 1 year. My thought process on this was to document different points of view I had for 1 year of my life. I also thought it would make a fun coffee table book by the year's end. 

Happy Day: I bought a new computer this weekend. (Background story - My laptop was stolen at a house party I hosted 2 years ago. For the past year I have been using my work laptop for personal use.) I was super excited & spent about 3 days uploading all my CDs. Then it was time to transfer all my photos. This is where the Sad Day comes in. For some reason (I think it was certain restrictions my employer put on the laptop), I was unable to copy all my photos from one laptop to the next. Then when I tried to just email them all to myself, none of the pics showed up. In the process of it all, the files had all been corrupted and I lost all my pics. :( 

I am going to start #27 over on my 25th birthday in December. I am actively going to search out photo opportunities rather than just using some random picture that I took at work during the day. I don't want to look back over the year and see 85 photos of roof shingles. My life is so much more than my job. So much more than climbing on roofs everyday. My photos will reflect that.

No comments: