Saturday, July 3, 2010

Knock-Off Wood

If you haven't visited Knock-Off Wood, you are missing out! Ana creates building plans for knock-offs of popular furniture. Her plans are easy to follow and have drawings to go along with them. Instead of paying hundreds of dollars for one Pottery Barn table, you can follow her plans and build enough furniture to decorate your entire home.

I needed a nightstand in my room, so I found Ana's plans for this end table (a knock-off of this Pottery Barn table). I spent about $50 for materials and tools and it took me a few hours to complete the project.


Thank goodness for those clamps! Don't think I could have finished the project without them!


Finished the building part... now for the staining...


Voila! 2 coats of stain and 1 coat of polyurethane and it's good to go.

I'd love to build this daybed inspired by Pottery Barn:



I could put it in my office to convert it into a guest room/office.

No comments: