Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'll be honest with you. I don't remember a thing about Where The Wild Things Are. I know I read it at some point in my childhood, but I couldn't tell you what it was about or even the main character's name. There is all this hub-bub about it and I feel WAY out of the loop.

Despite my lack of knowledge, I have found myself inspired by it - well, not so much by it, but inspired by an inspiration that came from the book...

A couple of my favorite bloggers have written about the Where The Wild Things Are fort building contest (which ended yesterday). I loved building forts as a kid, who didn't? After seeing the following photos, I am definitely in the mood to make one for old times sake!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely fantastic! Makes me want to pull all the cushions off the couch and get to "building"!

Unknown said...

Dang, I used to spend hours as a kid making tents or forts. Sometimes they'd take up the entire living room, it was great! I haven't seen the movie yet and I don't remember that much about the book either, but I really want to see it! It is inspiring to recapture those qualities from childhood...